NZSO Todd Corporation Young Composers Award
Now in its eighth year, the NZSO Todd Corporation Young Composers Awards is an exciting opportunity for young New Zealand composers to have their work recorded by the NZSO over a three-day residency.
Submitted works are assessed by a panel of industry professionals, and those selected for the awards will be flown to, and accommodated in Wellington for the duration of the recordings and awards. The students selected are given the opportunity to receive mentoring from an established New Zealand composer and will also participate in industry seminars and instrument workshops The best overall composition will win the NZSO Todd Corporation Young Composers Award. The composer receives a cash award of $750.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Entrants must be a New Zealand resident or citizen
- Composers must be 25 years of age or younger as of 31 December 2013
- Maximum duration 5 minutes
- Work to be for full symphony orchestra without soloists
- Maximum instrumentation is as follows: 3333 4331 timpani +2 percussion harp strings (including the following woodwind auxiliary instruments: piccolo, cor anglais, bass clarinet and contrabassoon).
- One entry per person
- All entries must be accompanied by a completed application form, which can be downloaded here. All entries must be submitted in a computer generated format on unbound single-sided A4 paper (please do not staple or bind these compositions) Digital PDF versions are greatly appreciated.
- Applications should also be accompanied by a short composer biography, as well as programme notes for the work.
- A complete instrumentation listing must be provided at the beginning of the score as well as the duration.
|Fri 28 June||Deadline for applications|
|Thu 1 Aug||Applicants informed of panels decision|
|Fri 26 August||Deadline for final parts|
|Sun 24 to Tue 26 November||Residency in Wellington|
back to top