NZSO FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME
Driven by the vision of Honorary Conductor Pietari Inkinen, the NZSO Fellowship Programme is our premier offering for emerging orchestral musicians, providing a unique year-long association with the Orchestra and bespoke opportunities to work with NZSO players, international conductors, soloists and educators.
Participants travel to Wellington on a regular basis where they have the opportunity to spend time with members of the NZSO, our guest artists and conductors.
Stella Kim, Nicola Benedetti and Julie Park (2016)
Opportunities for participants include:
- Lessons with NZSO Principals
- Observing NZSO rehearsals
- Coaching by NZSO guest soloists
- Complimentary tickets to NZSO concerts
- Orchestral sector training sessions with NZSO management.
Please note that this programme is only open to New Zealand residents and citizens based in New Zealand.
2017 Fellowship students include:
- Anna Cooper, flute (GIS)
- Anita Austin, horn (AKL)
- Reuben Chin, classical saxophone (WLG)
- Andrew Yorkstone, trombone (WLG)
- Toby Pringle, trumpet (WLG)
- Christine Lee, violin (AKL)
- Claudia Matthews, violin (WLG)
- Lucy Gijsbers, cello (WLG)