NZSO FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME
Driven by the vision of Honorary Conductor Pietari Inkinen, the NZSO Fellowship Programme is our premier offering for emerging orchestral musicians, providing a unique year-long association with the Orchestra and bespoke opportunities to work with NZSO players, international conductors, soloists and educators.
Participants travel to Wellington on a regular basis where they have the opportunity to spend time with members of the NZSO, our guest artists and conductors.
Stella Kim, Nicola Benedetti and Julie Park (2016)
Opportunities for participants include:
- Lessons with NZSO Principals
- Observing NZSO rehearsals
- Coaching by NZSO guest soloists
- Complimentary tickets to NZSO concerts
- Orchestral sector training sessions with NZSO management.
To apply for this programme, please send us a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your musical aspirations along with a recording of yourself playing two contrasting pieces on your principal instrument. If necessary, short listed candidates may be required to audition live. NZSO will contact affected applicants directly, and will cover transport and accommodation costs as required.
Please note that this programme is only open to New Zealand residents and citizens based in New Zealand.
Applications close on 31 October 2016. Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to PO Box 6640, c/o Tjasa Dykes, Marion Square, Wellington 6141.
2016 Fellowship students include:
- Stella Kim Violin - Auckland
- Julie Park Viola - Auckland
- Jacky Siu Cello - Hamilton/Auckland
- Matthew Lee Flute - Christchurch
- Dale Vail Trombone - Wellington